Annual Report 2017
We are excited to announce the completion of our first Annual Report. The report includes an overview of our 2017 recruitment, expansion, and retention efforts, and highlights major projects, key industry spotlights, and industry support programs.
Our goal through both the content and design of this piece was to provide a clear, easy-to-read, and visually engaging report that would be fun to read while also showcasing all our exciting success stories from the past year. We hope you enjoy!
Key highlights include:
- Supported 60 business attraction and recruitment projects, 34 expansion projects, and 26 retention projects with a total of 1,633 jobs created through those initiatives.
- Generated an estimated $720,000 of annual city revenue and an estimated total of more than $1.35 million in one-time city revenue through our business attraction and recruitment, retention and expansion programs.
- Secured two business class hotel deals off Westside Parkway, Home 2 Suites by Hilton and a Springhill Suites by Marriott. Both hotels have a combined capital investment of $25 million and will annually generate $412,900 in city revenue.
- Announced several large projects, including Roswell Exchange (Highway 9 and Sun Valley Development), Delta Dental, Tap & Six, and Kamstrup—a North American headquarters deal. Collectively, these projects create more than 650 jobs and generate $90 million in capital investment.
- Celebrated the opening of Variant Brewing Company and From the Earth Brewing Company, which now makes Roswell tied for second in the state of Georgia for the highest number of microbreweries—a noteworthy accomplishment since helping the city create its first microbrewery ordinance in 2012 after one of our leadership trips to Asheville, North Carolina.