Roswell Inc released its 2016 report card today, which provides a snapshot of the city’s key economic indicators from the past year.
Select 2016 report card highlights include:
- 739 new business licenses issued, generating 1,066 new jobs
- 1,110 construction permits issued, valued at $254.9 million
- Impact fees of $1.3 million, which is up from $522,000+ in 2015 because of the City’s new impact fee structure
- 720 jobs created in the opportunity zone, bringing the total number of jobs created in the opportunity zone since its inception to 5,125
- Unemployment rate of 3.8%
- 2,410 attendees at Roswell Inc events and programs
“In terms of economic and business success, 2016 was a great year for Roswell,” said Steve Stroud, executive director of Roswell Inc. “These numbers tell the story of a community with a growing business environment and strong entrepreneurial spirit, and we are anxious to continue building those areas in the years ahead.”
Additional 2016 milestones for the organization include launching an Economic Development Alliance, hosting its biannual Roswell Leadership Focus trip, and hosting the annual North Fulton Opportunity Outlook in partnership with the Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce and other North Fulton cities.
The report card was released today at the organization’s annual Real Estate & Development Outlook event, where Roswell Inc provides insight into the local market to brokers, developers and property managers.