Roswell, GA (June 20, 2012)-The City of Roswell will hold a community meeting on the City’s first Strategic Economic Development Plan (SEDP) on Thursday, July 12 from 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. at Roswell City Hall, Room 220. The meeting will include a presentation of the SEDP and a question/answer session.
The SEDP is an important tool for the redevelopment and economic development of Roswell and is a key first step for how the City should progress in these areas. The operational and implementation goals of the plan are:
- To increase the awareness, understanding and support for economic development within Roswell;
- To establish the City as a partner in economic development;
- To enhance Roswell’s economic and fiscal health within context of the North Fulton County market;
- To promote the retention and expansion of existing Roswell businesses;
- To cultivate the entrepreneurial spirit of Roswell residents; and
- To foster a market climate attractive to a variety of business sizes and interests.
“The Strategic Economic Development Plan will be a roadmap to develop and obtain the goals for the future of Roswell. It will assist us as we continue to build a strong and diversified local economy based on our strengths as a City. This roadmap will point us in the direction needed to cultivate a sustainable community – focusing on leadership, growth, quality of life and wisely investing our resources in areas of impact,” explains Steve Stroud, Executive Director, Roswell Business Alliance.
The Mayor & City Council appointed a 24-member Advisory Committee comprised of a broad cross section of Roswell residents and business owners. This group facilitated the development of the plan guided by RKG Associates, Inc. and FOCOM, Inc. hired by the City to develop the SEDP.
For additional information and to review the SEDP plan document, visit http://www.roswellgov.com/government/departments/community-development/plans-projects/strategic-economic-development-plan.