The U.S. Small Business Administration has announced that businesses can begin registering for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF) starting Friday, April 30, 2021, at 9 a.m. EDT and the RRF application period will begin on Monday, May 3, 2021, at noon EDT. The online application will remain open to any eligible establishment until all funds are exhausted.
In preparation, the SBA recommends qualifying applicants familiarize themselves with the application process in advance to ensure a smooth and efficient application experience by:
- Registering for an account in advance at sba.gov starting Friday, April 30, 2021, at 9 a.m. EDT
- Reviewing the official guidance, including program guide, frequently asked questions, and application sample
- Preparing the required documentation
- Working with a point-of-sale vendor or visiting sba.gov to submit an application when the application portal opens. [Note: If an applicant is working with a point-of-sale vendor, they do not need to register beforehand on the site.]
This program will provide restaurants with funding equal to their pandemic-related revenue loss up to $10 million per business and no more than $5 million per physical location. Recipients are not required to repay the funding as long as funds are used for eligible uses no later than March 11, 2023.
Who can apply?
- Food stands, food trucks, food carts
- Bars, saloons, lounges, taverns
- Snack and nonalcoholic beverage bars
- Bakeries (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Brewpubs, tasting rooms, taprooms (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Breweries and/or microbreweries (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Wineries and distilleries (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Inns (onsite sales of food and beverage to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Licensed facilities or premises of a beverage alcohol producer where the public may taste, sample, or purchase products
- Watch the SBA virtual training webinar here