Roswell Inc’s Economic Development Report
by Steve Stroud
On January 25, 2019, we hosted our annual State of the City event at The Country Club of Roswell. More than 300 business, civic, and elected leaders from both Roswell and around the region attended to hear an update on economic development in Roswell, a look back at 2018, and a preview of what’s to come in 2019. Roswell Mayor Lori Henry also gave a State of the City address regarding city business.
Key highlights from our presentation included an overview of our success in economic and business development from 2018, which included:
- 58 business attraction and recruitment projects, 22 retention projects, and 9 retention projects supported – of those, 33 projects closed in 2018
- 54 ribbon cuttings, 83 ombudsman engagements (where we help businesses navigate city hall), and 131 business development meetings
- Total of 1,754 new jobs created through our recruitment, retention and expansion efforts
- Several large projects, including:
- Recruitment of Element by Westin business-class hotel on Westside Parkway
- Expansion of Boutique Hotel and Mixed-Use Development in Historic District
- Brixmor Property Group regional headquarters recruitment—50 jobs
- GPS Trackit national headquarters recruitment—40 jobs
- Staff Zone national headquarters retention and expansion—35 jobs
- McKesson Corporation’s “Atlanta Hub” recruitment—500 jobs
- Total of $654,000+ in new annual revenue to City of Roswell through our work
- Total of $614,000+ in new one-time revenue to the City of Roswell through our work
For a full picture of our organization’s work from 2018, check out our Annual Report.
Check out Mayor Lori Henry’s presentation below along with a photo gallery from the event.