We were thrilled to recently host our 12th Annual State of the City luncheon at the Computer Museum of America, sponsored by Synovus. With nearly 450 guests in attendance, this was our largest event to date. Local businesses, community leaders and regional dignitaries came together to hear an economic development update from our Executive Director, Steve Stroud, followed by Mayor Wilson’s State of the City Address.
Roswell Inc Presentation Highlights:
- More than 560 new businesses opened in 2022
- Roswell saw a 3.1% increase in jobs growth in 2022 to 54,600+ jobs, with an average earnings of $89,000
- The 3 fastest growing industries by number of jobs are 1. Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services 2. Health Care and Social Assistance and 3. Finance and Insurance
- Retail: Roswell Village saw the highest increase in consumer traffic of 15.4%, totaling 1.5-million visits. Canton Street attracted more that 675,000 customers, totaling 2.6-million visits.
- Restaurants: Roswell is home to over 265 restaurants, bringing in approximately $250-million in annual revenue
- Automotive & Motorsports: Over 16 New-car Dealerships in Roswell generate a staggering $1.8-billion in annual revenue and Roswell’s growing motorsport industry, currently comprised of 5 dealers, generates over $50-million in annual revenue
- Tourism: In 2023, Roswell hotels are expected to generate approximately $22.5-million in annual revenue and $1.5-million in lodging tax
To watch Mayor Wilson’s presentation, watch here.